Friday, September 23, 2011

Books, Books, Books

These are the shelves in our classroom. I am a little embarrassed to say that I own most of these books. I just can't resist buying the latest titles. Now I will admit that most of these books were purchased at garage sales and used book sales. A few I get from our monthly book order with bonus points. But many of these I bought just because the book looked good to me.

During the school year I mostly read 5th grade books. My adult novels sit at the bottom of the stack, collecting dust until summer vacation rolls around again. The only way I can truly recommend a book to a student is if I have read it myself, and so I find myself deeply engrossed in a 5th grade novel every night.

These books all contain my name in black sharpie. So if you find a book lying around with MAGNER scrawled in it, please see that it gets back to these shelves. I really appreciate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment