Friday, April 20, 2012

Class Play


Today was the 5th grade presentation of "The Chocolate Fairy and the Return of the Vanilla People."  Back in March I started a play writing unit in which each student wrote a play.  The class voted on which play they wanted to act out and Sigrid's play won.  We have been working on it for about a month - or I should say the 5th graders have been working on it.  I let them have complete control.  I was there to offer advice or suggestions if they needed me - sometimes they took my suggestions but usually they didn't. 

The play was complete with costumes, props, professional theater lights and everything.  We performed the play for about 100 people this morning.  I am so proud of these talented 5th graders and what they have accomplished as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment