Monday, November 8, 2010

5th Graders Go High Tech

The fifth graders are studying the 5 kingdoms of life in science class. You know... bacteria, protista, animalia, fungi, and plantae. They have been divided into groups and each group must research and create a Power Point presentation to teach the class about their kingdom.

I have done this project for many years, but the end result was always an old fashioned poster (that is so 1990s). This year I decided to teach them how to use Power Point. Here's a little secret...I have never used Power Point myself. I have played with it a little bit and it seemed kind of easy. Kids these days are so techno-savy that I knew they could figure it out.

I am very pleased to say that with a little trial and error (and a couple of kids who had used it before), the presentations turned out pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment